Whether you are looking to virtualize your current infrastructure, new infrastructure, or need your current virtualized servers to be managed, we have got you covered. True North Networks has extensive experience with both Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization solutions.
True North Networks offers server virtualization solutions for businesses wishing to make more efficient use of server resources.
Today’s x86 computer hardware was designed to run a single operating system and a single application, leaving most machines vastly underutilized. TNN’s server virtualization solution lets you run multiple virtual machines on a single physical machine, with each virtual machine sharing the resources of that one physical computer across multiple environments. Different virtual machines can run different operating systems and multiple applications on the same physical computer.
Our server virtualization solution is based on either Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware’s industry-leading virtualization platform to let you respond to market dynamics faster and more efficiently than ever before. You get resources, applications—even servers—when and where they’re needed. What’s more, you’ll typically save 50-70% on overall IT costs by consolidating your resources and delivering greater availability.
The Server Virtualization service:
- Run multiple operating systems on a single computer, including Windows, Linux and more.
- Reduce capital costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware while increasing your server to admin ratio.
- Ensure your enterprise applications perform with the highest availability and performance.
- Build up business continuity through improved disaster recovery solutions and deliver high availability throughout the datacenter.
- Improve enterprise desktop management and control with faster deployment of desktops and fewer support calls due to application conflicts.
- About 70% of a typical IT budget in a non-virtualized server environment goes towards just maintaining the existing infrastructure, with little left for innovation. TNN’s server virtualization solution frees your IT administrators from spending so much time managing servers rather than innovating.
The server virtualization solution can also improve server availability, assist in disaster recovery, testing and development, and help centralize server administration. This technology is production-proven, used by more than 170,000 customers, including 100% of the Fortune 100.
Why Your Company Should Virtualize
Virtualizing your IT infrastructure lets you reduce IT costs while increasing the efficiency, utilization, and flexibility of your existing assets. Here are the top five reasons to adopt virtualization software:
- Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
- Reduce datacenter costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements. Reduce energy costs by 80% and get the management tools you need to improve your server to admin ratio so personnel requirements are reduced as well.
- Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
- Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
Cost Savings Through Virtualized Environments
In this tough economic environment, with declining budgets, IT is expected to do more with less. With cost, resource and time pressures, how do you ensure continued innovation, while meeting your service level agreements (SLAs)?
Virtualize Servers for Improved Server Disaster Recovery Plan
Traditional disaster recovery plans require many manual, complex steps to allocate recovery resources, perform bare metal recovery, recover data and validate that systems are ready for use. TNN’s server virtualization solution simplifies this environment. Hardware configuration, firmware, operating system install, application install become data stored in just a few files on disk. Protect these files using your backup or replication software and you've protected the entire system. These files can then be recovered to any hardware without requiring any changes because virtual machines are hardware-independent.
These are just some of the reasons to go with a server virtualization solution. Give us a call today to talk more about what we can do for you.